The Reproaction Education Fund is a new direct action group forming to increase access to abortion and advance reproductive justice. We are proud of our left-flank analysis, and are already making waves for our willingness to take bold action. And, we’re growing!
Reproaction is looking to hire two campaign fellows to assist our St. Louis organizer with tasks related to organizing the Missouri Accountability campaign. The Missouri Accountability campaign is a direct action campaign focused on holding members of the Senate Interim Committee on the Sanctity of Life accountable for wasting valuable time and money harassing abortion providers instead of working on the real life and death problems Missourians face. Tasks may include participating in direct actions, documenting direct actions, preparing volunteers for direct actions, and any other tasks associated with setting up, executing, and debriefing direct actions. This is a part-time, temporary position reporting to and working closely with Reproaction’s St. Louis organizer. The Missouri Accountability campaign will run through December 2016.
- Participating in planning direct actions that fit into Reproaction’s strategic objectives under the guidance of Reproaction’s St. Louis organizer
- Executing direct actions, including activist training and recruitment, preparing material, documenting actions through photo, video, and audio collection, and assisting with the debrief process after direct actions
- Attending select Reproaction team meetings, as available and assigned.
- Additional duties as assigned, including but not limited to campaigns, opposition research, or event planning
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, experience with public speaking, and a commitment to getting it right
- Proficiency in social media, specifically during events
- Experience with direct action activism or campaigns, either in a paid capacity or as a volunteer
- Initiative and ability to self-motivate in an all-virtual, startup organization
- Ability to work with urgency and under pressure while remaining calm, organized, and professional
- Accountability and receptiveness to performance-based direction
- Adaptability and an entrepreneurial spirit; comfort with creativity and experimentation
- College degree in progress preferred, although education and professional experience flexible for the right candidate
- Fierce and firm commitment to reproductive justice, including but not limited to abortion rights without exceptions
- Ability to work without supervision in a home office or other self-chosen professional environment with Internet access and minimal background noise
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours as required by actions or events
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially the ability to work with diverse people
This is an intern/fellow-level position that is best for someone who demands more and better for our movement, and is probably not your stepping stone into a position in Jefferson City or within a mainstream reproductive rights organization. Pay is $10/hour without benefits, and the position will be at least 10 hours per week and not to exceed 18 hours/week. This position is a campaign specific fellowship and is open through December 31, 2016.
The Reproaction Education Fund is a fiscally sponsored project of NEO Philanthropy, a 501(c)3 organization.
Reproaction Education Fund/NEO Philanthropy is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status.
To apply, send an email with the subject line “MO Accountability Campaign Fellow” to email@example.com with the cover letter written in the body of your email (do not send your cover letter as an attachment). Your cover letter should address why you are a good fit for the campaign fellow position. Attach the following:
- An original statement detailing your commitment to reproductive justice, not to exceed two paragraphs
- Three professional references, including name, relationship to you, email address, and telephone number for each reference.
We regret that we may not be able to respond to all applicants.