Reproaction hosted a press conference at the National Press Club to announce the launch of Stop Prosecuting Abortion, a campaign dedicated to decriminalizing abortion. Across many states, women are being sent to jail for self-managing their own abortions. If this is what happens when abortion is technically legal, what would it look like if ‘pro-life’ leaders got their way and outlawed all abortion?
As the nation marks the 46th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court decision that recognized the federal constitutional right to abortion, we demand that the ‘pro-life’ movement puts down the handcuffs. Learn how you can take action at reproaction.org/stop
Speaking at the press conference is:
- Erin Matson, Co-Founder/Co-Director, Reproaction
- Eleanor Smeal, President, Feminist Majority Foundation
- Indra Lusero, Staff Attorney, National Advocates for Pregnant Women
- Jennifer Wang, Deputy Director of Programs, National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum
- Renee Bracey Sherman, Senior Public Affairs Manager, National Network of Abortion Funds